6 things you must do before buying a homeMORTGAGES
1 OF 7
Stephen Zeigler/Getty Images
Check off these 6 items before buying
Buying a home is a huge investment. Before you jump into the wonderful world of homeownership, make sure you are prepared with these six steps. Learn about credit score requirements, mortgage options and other must-do’s.
6 simple steps to buying a house
- Strengthen your credit score.
- Figure out what you can afford.
- Save for down payment, closing costs.
- Build a healthy savings account.
- Get preapproved for a mortgage.
- Buy a house you like.
Ready to be a homeowner? Compare mortgage rates to get the best deal on a mortgage.